October 2, 2007

And now for the sloppy part


Sirdal Pullover, originally uploaded by dejarlids.

Here's the thing: I don't frog. There are times when I really, really should and yet I can't bear to do it. I push on, finish the project, and then get it out of my house so I don't have to look at the imperfection anymore.

Here's an example of a project where I really should have gone back to fix it but darnit I didn't. Still, I'm damned proud of this sweater. It was my very first stranded-colorwork project and I did it all by my lonesome without any guidance. Up until then my main source of guidance had been my mother, but see I was making this sweater for HER so I couldn't very well call her up and ask for help!

It makes me crazy to look at this picture and see all the little flees in the bottom half where I carried the strands too tightly, especially since I finally got the tension worked out by the fancy top part.

I guess until I learn to frog I'll just have to live with the mistakes!

This sweater was the one and only adult Dale of Norway pattern I've made, but I'm planning another for my queue. More on that later!

No comments: