October 7, 2007

Intro to Stash-hood

Today a friend and I headed out to Montpelier for the Fall Fiber Festival. It's official, I'm a knitting geek. I mean, who else goes to fiber festivals? Here's my friend demonstrating our geeky excitedness.



I hadn't planned on buying much and up until today I could claim that I am not a stasher. Not anymore.
Here I am practically drooling over the yarns.



There were alpaca, sheep, goats, and bunnies! BUNNIES!!

So. I came home with a few goodies. My "stash" which has previously just been remnants has now become a bona fide stash. I'll admit to being a tad nervous at where this all could lead...

The goodies!



Three Waters Farm Superwash Merino-Bamboo in Etude in Grey (I see husband socks in this yarn's future)


Alpaca with a Twist Fino in a pretty dusty rose color. (875 yards! in a single skein!!)


Knitting Notions Classic Merino Supersock in Ruby.

Since I've knit in very few yarns up until now (mostly have stuck with Dale of Norway products) I don't really know my way around the brands. So maybe I didn't get the stuff that you'd really NEED to be at a fiber fair to get, but I'm happy with my little burst of stash enhancement. Can't wait to start knitting it up!

No comments: