December 18, 2007

Just 18 steps to DONE

I swear, the finishing on this dress has gone on for eons. I knew that going in, but I finished the knitting a week ago and here I am: seaming, crocheting, embroidering. I'm loving how it's turning out, though, so nothing to complain about, really. Plus I got two new skills: duplicate stitch (for the eyes and feet of the little birdies) and french knot embroidery (for their eyes).

I have to make the big chicken that goes on the front and crochet the edging. Then, blockity block block. With allllll those inches of stockinette I think the blocking will make the whole thing more polished.

1 comment:

Shana said...

This looks fantastic! I think she should wear it with little black or yellow leggings. Have fun crocheting the edge with all of your new skills!