January 11, 2008

Three small projects and One Big One

I've been churning through small projects lately, casting on like the wind and off like a turtle. I finished my second Koolhaas hat (photos to come soon) and cast on a pair of the famous fingerless mitts, Fetching, in a beautiful rose color of cashmerino aran. I also frogged my husband's socks back to the beginning to make them better. I have a few inches reknit and am happy with the progress so far. (and yes, I need to take pictures of this, too.)

The Big Project. It's a biggie! I am in the design stage of a sweater for my father's 65th birthday, which happens this June. The shaping is based on a number of different Dale of Norway patterns and I'm pulling the colorwork patterns from a number of different ski sweater sources. I am very very very excited about this project but also a bit nervouse since it is a big first for me: my first sweater design. Might as well start with a ski sweater, eh?

Oh and Dad: if you are reading this, stop right now and don't visit this blog again until July.

No comments: