May 15, 2008

Body: done! (sort of)

Yesterday I cast off the body for my Dad's sweater and gave it a good wet blocking. When I spread it out on the towel and took the measuring tape to it, I got a nasty surprise: it was two inches longer than I expected! Oh no! Some of this was due to the yarn stretching while wet, and some of it was my own darned fault for not keeping better track of gauge. Argh.
After blocking, remeasuring, panicking, placing phone calls, remeasuring, checking the original email with secretly obtained measurements, etc. I think it's going to be okay. The length is within the range that his current sweaters are, and while the width is a bit over I think that'll be okay. It'll just be a large, outdoor, layering kind of sweater, which is appropriate for a ski sweater. Right? RIGHT??

Well, here it is. The lighting is funny and there's obviously still a lot of work to do on it (split neck lining, collar, SLEEVES!) but it's coming along! I think I'll be able to finish it in time.

1 comment: