June 23, 2008

Mundanity

I'm lacking excitement about my current projects. Maybe it's the unwinding after the big sweater, but my knitting seems mundane. Yawn. Blah blah socks blah blah vest. I'm hoping that by wrapping up these current green socks and plunging into something new I'll regain some mojo. We'll see.

For now, here's a mundane vest-in-progress:
vest 007

The yarn is Classic Elite Princess and the pattern is this Shawl Collared Vest by Amanda Berka. And no, I do not plan on wearing it over formalwear like the model in the pattern photo.
The six inches of ribbing that start the pattern have been great reading knitting, but now I'm about to start a chevron pattern and so need to shift things around to have other reading knitting.

I'd really really really really really like to be done with my green socks now! They've been on the needles for too long. I love the color and the pattern and will LOVE wearing them, but I'm done with knitting them. I need a new color! A new texture! Bring it on!

(Maybe I'm craving a new challenge? Hmmm... what could I cook up?)

3 comments:

Shana said...

sorry it's not fun knitting! it's just ribbed -- pretty boring in the long run. maybe you should finish the cabled socks. :P

Christy said...

Oh, the vest will be lovely! It might be repetitive work but it'll be worth it. Like gardening - it's so blah and then all of a sudden BLOOM!

Vilde said...

You were right, Christy. It bloomed! And now I keep looking at it and petting it and telling it I'm sorry I ever doubted it.

Shana - upcoming post about the cabled socks. Potentially tragic.