September 29, 2008

Rhinebeck!!!

That's right, *that* Rhinebeck. As in, the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival. I'm going!! A couple of friends and I are making a weekend getaway out of it. My husband is helping us drive up and taking care of various four-legged friends while the gals go fiber crazy. I can't wait!


This coming weekend is the Fall Fiber Festival at Montpelier, so I'm getting a kind of trial run for Rhinebeck. I can't wait! I have kind of a ridiculous shopping list, but these festivals really are a great opportunity to fondle a variety of fibers and make some good purchases.
The focus for me this fall is going to be on whole raw fleeces. FUN! I'm also looking for a few spinning and fiber prep tools, and am planning to buy small amounts of new-to-me fibers to try out.

This photo-free post is brought to you by my dyeing disaster yesterday. No pretties to share today! And nobody wants to see the uglies. Holymoly.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Jealous(1)

Anonymous said...

For the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival, check out the Charisma Art Gallery (Sheep Incognito) between Barns 26 and 27 on the Building 31 (east) side of said barns. You will enjoy it. That booth was a great hit at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival...