September 20, 2008

We don't need no stinking knitting

Well, okay, I actually do miss my knitting a little bit but I've been having such fun with the dyeing and spinning that it all works out. It's all in good wooly fun.


More dyeing! This time I was aiming for the colors of heather in bloom.  I love the deeply colored spots on each little blossom, and tried to imitate that a little bit on the fiber.

blooming heather 008
That's merino on the left and BFL on the right. 

I did a bit of spinning too. The last fiber I dyed turned pretty felted on the outside. Sigh. There was a little bit of a fiasco during the dyeing process - let's just say that I thought I was being clever and learned my lesson. But while the surface is pretty sticky, the inside of the roving is just fine. So! I stripped it into quarters and pre-drafted the heck out of it, and now it's spinning quite pleasantly.

deep fjord singles
Definitely the deepest colors I have ever dyed or spun, and I'm loving it.

3 comments:

Shana said...

Oh wow, you're going crazy with the dyeing and spinning! AWESOME. I wish I were there to join in. It looks super pretty. How's the cinnamon sugar batch?? :)

aj said...

I LOVE the heather BFL. I would totally buy some of that from you.

Your spinning is gorgeous, too!

Vilde said...

Shana, the cinnamon toast is done! Pictures to come soon... it turned out super cute!
I wish you were here too... but I see you in just a few weeks! YAY!

AJ, thank you! :) Funny that you would mention buying. You will have a chance to do just that in the next month or so. Watch this space for upcoming announcements. (If you'd like, I'd happily reserve the heather BFL for you when I open for business)