October 14, 2008

Sigh.

Gauge! (shakes fist at sky)


At this rate my mitten is going to be 10.5 inches long when it's done. That's a full inch longer than the already generously proportioned pattern.
Dangit!

So here we go again, folks. Remember the length debacle with my Dad's Norwegian sweater? Well guess what. This is the same wool! So the plan is to pop the whole package into the dryer when all is cast off. 

I should really know better at this point. I measured my stitch gauge and figured I had it made. And gauge slaps me in the face, for the umpteenth time. Sigh. 

In other news, I've been spinning.

Inside the Glacier Handspun
That's 290 yards of sport weight Falklands wool, in my Inside the Glacier color.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I still love glacier. Sorry about the mittens.

Christy said...

Oh, that stinks! Did you ever try the trick of purling with a smaller needle? But you're knitting in the round here. Hmph.

ECarey said...

dont rip it out- my mittens are also really long but they are toasty and beautiful!