November 2, 2008

FO: Surprise! A hat.

This project knit up so quickly that I didn't even have a chance to blog about it in progress!
Handspun hat for Karen
Pattern: My Herringbone Hat
Yarn: my handspun Garden lavendar!

Needles: US 10s and US7s (10s for brim and 7s for the top)
Mods: oh, a handful.  I used the pattern for the basic idea and the stitch pattern. For the top of the hat I just picked up however many made sense and then did a spiral decrease at the top. 
Handspun hat for Karen

Part of what was so fun about this project was that it was my first time going end to end on a project (minus the fiber prep part - this came to me as combed top already).
It started as an idea in my head: oo! I should make yarn that looks like a lavender plant,
lavendershoot 004 
to this dyed roving,
7-15 014
to these singles,
lavender
to this yarn,
Handspun hat for Karen
to this hat.
I'm looking forward to doing lots more of this end-to-end business.

Milo crashed the photo shoot:
Milo looking soulful

Psst I got a secret to tell you!
But only because he had something important to tell me about orange squeaky toys.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Must. Knit. Squooshy. Hat.

ECarey said...

really beautiful pattern. did you make it up?

Bethany said...

Beautiful, Vilde.

Becky said...

That's beautiful! I love that you spun your yarn for it.