November 9, 2008

Second mittenitis

I'm having major trouble finishing my mitten project. I don't know if it's that I'm rather taken (and thus distracted) with my Urban Aran project (plus I'm selfish and the sweater is for me me me!) or that I'm feeling sheepish about my gauge issues or that I'm just plain swamped these days. 


Most likely? Some combination of all three. 

But. This week I will make this mitten. I will, I will, I will. On Friday, I will post a finished pair of mittens, do you hear me?
Hold me accountable, people.  I'm feeling a startitis tickle in my molars. (What's with the funny look? Where do YOU feel your statitis?) 

So. I have one full mitten, minus a thumb. I am not allowed to cast on anything else until it is finished.  

In other news, I am trying to learn to cook for myself. Usually my husband does the cooking around here but for various reasons I'm going to need to step it up. He's traveling this week so I'm going to try to work through some of autumn produce we've collected - butternut squashes, acorn squashes, collard greens, and beets. So it's a week of mittens and vegetables. I want socks and cheese. I'll settle for cheesy squash.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Vilde!

Like you, I did not cook when I got married. If you can read, you can cook! My two favourite sites for inspiration are: "The Crockpot Lady" www.crockpot365.blogspot.com and "Recipezaar" www.recipezaar.com You can also learn a lot from the cooks on Food Network and Martha Stewart. Just put your tv on that channel when you knit! Good luck. I cannot wait to see some of your food creations!

Margaret said...

Mmmmm, cheesy squash! Knit your mittens! Knit your mittens! Knit your mittens!
Did that help?

Christy said...

I have a very strict one project at a time rule precisely because of second sock(or mitten)itis. And my startitis manifests in my fingers, not my teeth.

Knit your mitten! Now! And then roast those beets and eat them with sour cream. I'll be insanely envious.