December 10, 2008

Fleeces!

zeilinger order

They're here! Back from processing!!
Overall, I'm thrilled. The fleeces all have a really nice hand to them and I think they'll be a delight to dye and spin. I lost less weight in processing than I thought I might, and Zeilinger did a great job - zero VM!

I'm anxious to start spinning with some of this wool. It was an adventure to pick these fleeces and send them off, and I'll be curious how spinning with them compares to spinning with the commercial Romney I have.

I think I'm finally committing to my next big project, which will involve the gray fleece, second from the left.  More on this soon!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

You officially have more clean fleece than I do now! Holy cats that's a lot of wool!

knottygnome said...

wow they look amazingly clean.

also, that is a LOT of fleece.

Shana said...

Thank goddess you didn't try to wash it yourself. I just washed batch 2 from my Rhinebeck fleece and expect one more batch! Exhausting! And of course it's rainy so there's no sun coming in the window to help it dry. Can't wait to see what you've got planned for the gray one. They look so fluffy and beautiful.