February 4, 2009

Daydreams of Spring, finished

Finished yarn!


Daydreams of Spring handspun

Daydreams of Spring handspun

Daydreams of Spring handspun

Daydreams of Spring, 100% Merino, 480 yards, 3.5 ounces

This seemed like it was taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r. when I was spinning the singles, and looking at that yardage now I understand why!  I was aiming for a sock yarn, and it looks like I finally hit that mark. And this yarn has some fabulous sproinginess to it!

The colorwas is ridiculously cheerful, and the other day when I was raking the side beds of the house I found its real-world counterpart: the brilliant little stems of emerging bulbs, kept from the sun by the leaf mulch layer. GREEN! Yellowy, bright green!! Spring!

7 comments:

Shana said...

SO pretty. Go you for spinning sock yarn!!! But try not to brag too much about bulbs coming up. We're still enjoying the woolen knitted items around here in frozen New England.

Margaret said...

It's baby grass green! Very pretty.

AmazonMink said...

Ooooo. Pretty. I'm going to yoink the last one and put it up as my background. So inspirational!

Jen Diamond said...

That is really lovely. Can one only use sock yarn for socks?

Jagienka said...

Had to pop in from Ravelry to say that I just Loooove that juicy green. Sping indeed!

Shana said...

Jen -- I'm knitting a sweater out of sock yarn right now! (I'm doing the February Lady Sweater out of sock yarn). And I've knit gloves with sock yarn too. One could knit lace items, like shawls or hats, with sock yarn. It just requires some thinking about gauge and needle size and how that will affect the finished garment. Easy calculations and experimenting with a swatch or too does the trick, usually!

Sara said...

This is beautiful, Vilde!