July 26, 2009

Cast-onathon

Ahem.
Cast-onathon

Things have gotten a little cast-on happy around here lately, so in the interest of accountability I'm reporting in for a works-in-progress roundup.

Let's look at them individually, shall we?

Sock in progress
Everyone knows socks don't really count as a WIP, so I hardly need to defend these. That said, the observant among you will notice that I've stopped right at the point when I need to turn the heel, which is really the only time that sock knitting becomes an actual project. So! The heel must be turned.

Growing back
The back of the equestrian blazer has grown a bit, but it has been benched for now. It was born of demand (no easy knitting on the needles!) and supply (hey look! a sweater's worth of yarn in my stash!). But this is a cool-weather project and since fall in Virginia is still many months off there's no rush to finish it yet. And it's not like I don't have other things to keep me busy...

Lace lace lace
Oh right - lace.
I'm knitting a few rows here and there, but my favorite place to knit lace is on airplanes and for the next few weeks I'm not traveling. So progress has stalled.

Start of a new back
New project #1! Some yarn never sees the inside of the stash bins. The Rowan silk-wool yarn that I got at an unbelievable sale price is such a yarn. And now that it is becoming a summer cardigan it has become priority knitting #1.

Or at least it was until this happened:
Spring!
New project #2. Yesterday I realized I have some gift knitting to catch up on. So I opened the stash closet, picked the happiest color of handspun I saw, and got to work. This itty bitty hooded cardi is about the most mindless thing I have ever knit, and it is flying by, so hopefully I'll get back to my turqoise summer cardi soon enough.


Let's not talk about spinning projects in progress right now, okay?

3 comments:

Shana said...

Wow! Looks so fun and colorful! I love the cherry cardigan (it will be great on you!), and that yarn looks luscious and perfect for it.

Jen Diamond said...

Only because I know you so well... you are a little crazy. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying the jam. At least we can be together with food. It sounds like you will be plenty busy for the flight to turkey fest. I have a little project to send home with you. The baby sweater is all finished but we need a little more yarn. At any rate... we love you. Mira can't wait to meet you and get the obligatory picture taken with Alex holding her.

Anonymous said...

my favorite place to knit lace is on airplanes

Mine too! I was looking forward to a good long stretch to work on my Arabella stole while flying back from France last weekend-- only to be told by an employee at Charles de Gaulle that I wasn't allowed to take my knitting on the plane and would have to put it in my checked luggage. Cruel fate! It was compounded by the fact that the flight back was 2 hours longer than the flight out (lack of tailwinds and we were flying into an airport much further south than the one we flew out of.)