March 22, 2008

Beyond the fleas!

Yes, I'm finally there: I've finished the flea stitch section of Dad's sweater. Hurray!!


As the sweater grows it becomes more difficult to photograph, in some ways. All the tiny little details start melding into an actual sweater body! But here it is, so far so good.

My gauge has grown a tiny bit so I need to keep an eye on that - 24 stiches instead of 28 in 10 centimeters can make a big difference! But I'm not ripping back (heck no) since one of the patterns I'm working off of actually builds increases into the body shape. So it's okay. Right? RIGHT?? (I'm not ripping back. No way, no how.)

Today I did a lot of figuring for the top part of the torso. I'm playing a lot of this by the seat of my pants since I don't have a single template sweater. Improvisation... hope it works out. I'm nervous about the split neck opening and the layout of the big central pattern, but I've crunched the numbers so hopefully it'll all work out!

1 comment:

Shana said...

Yay!! Looks fantastic!! It is very responsible of you to check your gauge again. I'd probably forget. :) Anyway, I think you'll be fine as long as you keep things in check now and keep crunching the numbers. Besides, these are not tight-fitting sweaters!