March 23, 2008

A poorly chosen side project

So here's how it usually work: I have one big project going at home and at least one more side project that I take to school and churn along on angstlessly. Lack of angst is important, since most of my knitting nerves has to go into the big project.
So I should really know better than to pick a side project knit on size 0s full of cables. Duh, lady! You wanted LESS angst!

I cast on the Sweetheart Socks thinking the cables wouldn't slow me down much. Boy was I wrong. These suckers are taking forever and a day. I'm guessing I finish the sweater before I finish these!
Thankfully the yarn is delicious and the pattern rewarding, so it all works out. But the bummer is that I won't be finishing anything for a loooooong time.

The yarn - a handpainted superwash merino from Knitting Notions



The back:


The front:

Meanwhile I've been eyeing all the Selbuvotter on ravelry and daydreaming about casting on a pair. Must. Finish. Sweethearts. First!!

2 comments:

Nikkiana said...

The look like they may be worth the extra angst... Very pretty!

Shana said...

they are gorgeous, but I understand what you're saying. Maybe you should finish those Fetchings during lecture to give yourself a break and reward of a quick project?