April 29, 2008

FO: Comfy cozy socks

They're done! And I'm wearing them! And I'm in LOVE! On a flight Friday night I finished the second blue chugalong sock. They're a smidge big but still very comfy and I'm wearing them right now. Happy feet!


Pattern: Wendy's Toe-Up Gusset heel sock
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in Blue Parrot
Needles: two circs in US 1

I like the construction of these socks quite a lot, but for the next pair I'm going to try something new. For these I did turkish cast-on and regular bind-off. Since I want my next pair to fit more snugly, I'm going to try a top-down sock to see if I can get a stretchy cast-on. I'm so paranoid about not being able to get the sock over my heel!

The yarn does have pretty low yardage, but I had a fair amount left over for repairs. I could probably have added another inch to each sock without trouble, so that's good to know for the future.

No comments: