April 17, 2008

Crunch time!

It's getting to be crunch time, both in my knitting life and my work life (and my gardening life, but that's just got to be put on hold). So it's about time for an update on the sweater! The whole deal needs to be finished and finish a trans-Atlantic journey by June 14, so time is starting to run out. Especially considering the pile of *real* work sitting on my desk. Thankfully the work clears up in early May, so I should be able to make it happen.

In any case, here's an updated photo. It's about a week old and I've added a few more inches. I'm just about to cast off for the neck hole. Hurray!

In this next photo you can see the bottom of the neck split steek.
I'm excited to start blocking and weaving in ends on this piece. I think that with blocking the pattern will really crisp up.

And! I ordered a sewing machine!! For my last steeked sweater I enlisted a friend's help, so this will be my first time doing it on my own. I have some swatches to practice on and some great instructions online, so hopefully it will all work out well. Eeeeeeeek, steeek.

No comments: