May 10, 2008

Busy bee

My semester is almost over, and then it will be the summer of knits! Summer of socks starts in June, so I'm going to try to get some big projects done by then. (Norwegian sweater, I'm looking at you.) I just ordered a pile of large addi circs. I had nothing in my collection over a size 7 and for some upcoming things I needed 8s, 9s, and 10s! I expect it will be a fun change of pace.

One of the upcoming projects will involve 6 balls of this beauty:
Classic Elite Princess, in a gorgeous dark teal/peacock color. It's taking serious restraint to keep from dropping everything and casting this on right now. Well, restraint and the fact that I don't have the right sized needles yet. Details!

I'm also planning some sock yarn stash enhancement in preparation for the Summer of Socks. I asked for advice on sock yarn in the Summer of Socks forum on Ravelry and got an overwhelming response. My shopping list is now out of control. I'll be knitting mostly Christmas present socks so it hardly even counts as stashing! Right??

1 comment:

Shana said...

ha! (but i know what you mean...)