May 22, 2008

Phew!

Okay. I feel a little more down to earth after going out to Stony Mountain Fibers and spinning for a few hours. (love, love, love, LOVE spinning! Can't wait to go back tomorrow!) But I'm still head over heels for these sock yarns that came in the mail today.

I'm reposting the photo from the last post because I just can't get enough of this color!

This skein comes from Enchanted Knoll Farm in Maine, and the entrancing colorway is called Queen Mermaid. SWOON! The family at Enchanted Knoll run their farm on solar power and hand spin and dye their yarn. I seriously think it might be the most beautiful skein I've ever held in my hands. It's keeping me company at the computer right now.


This is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Indian Summer, and the colors are a bit more intense in person. I'm venturing outside my normal colorzone with this one, but something about it drew me right in. The yarn has stronger contrast color changes than I normally go for, so I'll have to search out the right pattern for these.

Aaaaand I got more Smooshy. The spring tickle Hedgerow socks have been such a joy to knit - a lofty yarn and the color! Ooooh the color! I was hunting for a sockyarn for my mom (who had better not be reading - she knows it isn't allowed!) and this color is PERFECT for her. The folks at Dream in Color come up with the most perfectly descriptive names - this one is called Beach Fog and it's right on! So evocative.

And that's what came in the mail today. On Saturday I'm probably heading out to a small fiber festival so maybe I'll have more to share soon!

No comments: