May 23, 2008

Risky Business

The body of my norwegian sweater has been nagging at me. How could I make such a simple gauge mistake? I was extremely irritated that something I put so much work into would not fit because of my lack of attention. Irritated enough to rip back? Heck no! Remember how I feel about two color purling? That was enough to make me live, unhappily, with the sweater's finished measurements.

But really? It bugged me.

So today I did something desperate. Something risky. Something I never thought I'd do with a handknit.

I put the body of the sweater in the dryer.
(bum bum bum BUUUUUUUUUM!)

Wool in the dryer? Nooo! I was more nervous that the first time I steeked. I checked it every minute.
But guess what?

It shrank up perfectly!! The sweater will FIT!! Halleluiah for the dryer! And hopefully I'll have learned my lesson so I never have to do something so drastic again.

And now, to celebrate, here are some photos of the inside- postshrink.



No comments: