June 12, 2008

FO: Norwegian sweater for Dad

It's DONE!!!

Three crazy days of finishing work and it's done done done. DHL just picked it up and Dad should hopefully have it on Saturday, or Monday at the latest.

I had some hiccups in the finishing process (cut the armholes too shallow, had to tear out the sleeve and resew, recut, ugh!) but I couldn't be happier with the final product. This is, hands down, the best thing I have ever knit.

There was something enthralling about watching what I had envisioned grow into reality as I knit. Enthralling and, possibly, addicting. This designing thing could become a habit.

I might write about some of the techniques I experimented with, but for now I'm just going to celebrate completion with a deluge of photos. Hopefully sometime soon I'll have an actual picture of Dad in the sweater!









What a crazy ride.

7 comments:

Nikkiana said...

w00t! That came out absolutely GORGEOUS!

Shana said...

You all, I went to visit this in person before she mailed it off and it is amazing!!!!! I am in awe that she designed this and knit it all this spring! WOW!!!!!

Teresa said...

Wow, dude, that's awesome! You have totally inspired me and someday I hope I can knit a sweater like that! The BF has a ton of Dale sweaters and would love a hand-knit one. Happy Birthday to your Dad! :)

Beth said...

It is BEAUTIFUL, Vilde!!!!! You did it!!!! Margareth and I came home from our trip and we just went off the deep end looking at it. she wants one too. He will look so good in it.
Love, mom

Beth said...

I am SO proud of you!
mom again

Shana said...

did the package arrive yet????

Christy said...

Wow! Wowwowwowwow! Sooooo beautiful.