July 28, 2008

Back in time...

... remember this roving? Part of my first dyeing experiment?

june weekend 030

Well I finally spun it up and it became about 150 yards of this:

brown kool aid
I'm happy with it, especially considering the wacky combination wheel/spindle process that I used. I think it'll make a lovely snuggly hat at some point.

And no, I haven't been knitting much. A lot has been going on and all of my projects are at a point that requires a bit of concentration. Hopefully today I can push through some of these snags so I can start making progress again. The call of the spinning wheel is strong, though...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is why I love spinning, you never know what you will get and most of the times it comes out lovely!

Vilde said...

Thanks so much, Silja. It's true - spinning feels like a discovery process most of the time. What will this fiber become? I don't know!