July 10, 2008

Brown Sugar over Buttermilk

Here's the last installment of the Sundarapalooza.
sundara 007
It's called Brown Sugar over Buttermilk and is one of her permanent colors. I'm not quite sure about this one yet... maybe this is part of a theme of me not being confident in my evaluation of browns. The whole thing is more mustardy than I was expecting and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. My husband called it "edgy" which certainly doesn't help clarify!
I'll hang on to it for a while and if it grows on me I'll knit it up. If not, I'll try to trade it for some other Sundara color.

Today I'm taking my old spinning wheel to Barbara (of Stony Mountain Fibers) to get her advice. I'm eager to hear what she has to say, good or bad. Either way I'm ready to move on to the next phase of the project!

No comments: