July 7, 2008

Sundara yarn

Oh my. A couple of weeks ago I managed to score some sock yarn from Sundara's new website during an update. I just returned from vacation and found the package and WOWZA. This woman's dyeing skills definitely live up to they hype! I can't wait to knit with this, but I also plan on spending some quality time gazing at the skeins.
I'm going to post the yarns one at a time (three total) so check back if you want to see more pretty yarn.

This is the one limited edition sock yarn I managed to snag. For the uninitiated, that means this color is gone for good and Sundara won't be dyeing it again. It's called sky over lilac and I looooooooooove it.

sundara 017

It's hard to capture this in photos, but when I compared this yarn to some of my other sockyarn stash I saw all the varieties of colors in Sundara's dyeing. It's not just three or four different blues. It's a whole range of delicious variations. I tried to count and gave up around six. Better to just soak in the colors anyway.

The vest is growing slowly but surely.
sundara 028
Somehow I think that because this doesn't have sleeves it should take way less time than a sweater. I mean, shouldn't I be done already?? Bah. But the yarn is soft and it was a great project to work on while drinking gin and tonics with my toes in the sand. Ah...

1 comment:

Shana said...

Yay, the vest is almost done! I've never heard of Sundara yarn. What are you doing, sharing this information with me?? I've had my finger on the trigger about to order a whole lot of roving for a few days now...