July 15, 2008

Yarny Tuesday

Look what arrived yesterday!
felted tweed
Stack o' yarn. Is there anything better? Two guesses for what this is going to be. (Shhhh... Shana. don't tell)

I pulled the brown Corriedale singles off my drop spindle yesterday (it'll be obvious why in a bit) and overall I'm happy with how it turned out. I think I'll spin the second batch on my wheel, though, since it took me maaaany hours to make this small amount.

7-15 001

I needed the drop spindle for a project. After dyeing my first wheel-spun singles I saw that there were a few massively under spun sections. Since I have specific plans for this yarn and I really want it to be usable and pretty, I popped the skein of singles on my swift and ran through the whole thing on my spindle, fixing the major problems as I went. It took for-freaking-ever and I hope to never do that again. But it was worth it. Now my two lavender singles are ready for plying!

7-15 014

1 comment:

Shana said...

Yay! Look how pretty! And all set for plying now. Can't wait to see the finished yarn!