August 2, 2008

FO: Shawl Collar Vest

Done!

vest 015

And I love it!

vest 018

The Stats.

Pattern: Shawl Collar Vest by Amanda Berka
Yarn: Classic Elite Princess (on sale! woowooo!)
Needle: Addi turbo US 7
Mods: None!
New skills learned: sewn bind-off. Yay Elizabeth Zimmerman!

What a great little pattern! The construction is so incredibly simple. Knit a big rectangle with ribbed edges that have twice as many stitches. Fold in half and sew up the ribbed edges. Wear. Sweet.
The folded construction makes the back do a little flappy thing around the armpit area, but I think with some adjustments in how I wear it it won't bug me.

Yay! I made something for myself! That I LIKE! And will wear!!!

2 comments:

ECarey said...

you are a rock star!! i'm going to put this on the NL blog...it's fab!

stitchesnstaples said...

Looks like a fun project. My sister wants a shawl collar vest and I can't find the pattern she wants, so she get this one. Thanks Keep up the knitting.