August 1, 2008

Wow. Twist Collective. Just, wow.

Groups of knitters are powerful. Groups of knitting designers, maybe even moreso.
I am stunned by the premier of the online knitting magazine, Twist Collective. With the creativity that goes with the craft, I really shouldn't be so shocked, but I am. This is some seriously good stuff.

What's so cool about Twist Collective? The articles are free. Copious (lovely) photos of (outrageously awesome) patterns are free. But if you want to get a pattern, you pay. Per pattern. And then? The designers get paid well. And that rocks.

The other cool thing about the Twist Collective is the sheer kickassness of the patterns in the premiere issue. Many of my favorite designers are involved, and my jaw dropped open several times as I flipped through it. And then I bought some patterns.

Bravo, Twist Collective!

2 comments:

Christy said...

What did you buy? Hmmmm? I love the Lily sweater, but I know that I'll never actually knit a whole sweater. Still, I'm eyeing it.

Vilde said...

I bought Little Birds because it perfectly suits a friend of mine and it'll be fun to knit. Very excited about that one.
I also bought the Empoisonnee sock pattern. I love how the cable works in that sock and the cuff is so cool. I almost bought the Lissajous socks but figured there was a veeeery low chance of me knitting knee socks in the near future, so I'll just favorite the pattern on Ravelry and remember it for someday.

Lily is gorgeous. You knit socks, right? You'd be surprised how quickly a sweater knits up! (sweater knitting enabler, here.)