August 25, 2008

Wollmeise sock club

I'm in I'm in I'm in I'm in!!!!!! SQUEAL!

(deep breath)

Okay. Anyone remember how excited I was when I got my first (and so far only) skein of Wollmeise sock yarn? Well. Now I'm getting a bunch more!
The club works like this: I pay a boatload of money to Claudia, the genius dyer behind Wollmeise. Then, through the course of the next nine months or so, I get four shipments of yarn. Two skeins of her delectable sock yarn, plus a pattern, and some other goodies. The yarn she sends will be new/limited edition colors and a total surprise.

The entry to the sock club was a lottery. More people wanted in than Claudia could admit, so our names went into a pool, and by sheer luck mine was among those drawn! Hurray!!

Let me remind you: Wollmeise yarn is hard to get. So now, I have saved myself a bunch of time! (yes, I'm rationalizing.) No more stalking updates. I'm set for sock yarn. I just happily await my deliveries and roll in the yarn when it gets here.

Most of all, this comes as a treat for myself at a time when I really need it. I don't talk about personal stuff here because it's my knitting blog, not my whining blog, but it's been a tough year for me. A really, really tough year. Just the thought of getting a package of yarny treats lifts my spirits and right now that alone is worth the cost of admission.

Hurray for yarn!!

3 comments:

Shana said...

Holy crap! YAY! You deserve it!!

ECarey said...

woo hoo!!!! did you finish Tangled Yoke? You rock!

Margaret said...

A whining blog, now there's an idea, not that anyone on Wed night would need one. Yay for sock yarn! Sock yarn is good!