September 3, 2008

Alpine Autumn

At least, that's what I was going for.

alpine autumn 002

These colors were super hard to photograph, but this is more or less how my latest dyeing experiment worked out. Totally different from anythign I've done so far! I'm really happy with the colors, and can't wait to spin this up.

It's just about five ounces of BFL so it should be enough for something... a pair of socks? A cowl? something lace? Look at the sheen:

alpine autumn 014

I thinking of doing this three ply, but with a fairly controlled approach to the color changes, so it shifts with some overlap, but basically in the same range. Don't know if I'll be able to pull that off!

2 comments:

Shana said...

Gorgeous! So Navajo-plied? I need to start dyeing fiber.

Vilde said...

Thanks!
I think I'm going to do a regular 3-ply, but micromanage the color changes. I think that if I split the top into three and draft from the same ends I'll get vaguely similar results. And then I can splice during plying. (at least this was the advice I got on Ravelry!)

You would be so good at dyeing!! I would LOVE to see the colors you come up with!