September 2, 2008

Just call me...

... slowpoke.

Go ahead, I can take it. Slowpoke.

septfirst 004

Sigh.
You may remember these socks from way back at the beginning of the Summer of Socks which actually turned out to be the Summer of Tangled Yoke and Shawl Collar Vest. Thank goodness this is sock number two.
I don't know what my deal is. I love the pattern, I love the yarn, I love the combination. I'm just not making any time for these socks in my knitting life.

I would blame the fact that I've been spinning up a storm this past week, but won't fly when I'm looking at this:

septfirst 010

Maybe I'm just in a big needle kind of mood?
Those? Are 9s. And pretty soon I switch to 10s. 10s!! More on this project soon - for now, just feast your eyes on the fluffitude that is Cascade Ecological wool. FLOOF!

2 comments:

Shana said...

Oh fun, is this the urban aran?

I haven't finished either sweater this summer, yet. And I suppose this is officially MY last day of summer. Oh well.

Have you seen this knitting tour of Norway?:
http://arnhild.com/tours1.htm

Vilde said...

OMG if that tour weren't so flipping expensive I would seriously consider it. Maybe one of us will win the lottery and then buy the trip for both of us. Can you imagine? Shana and Vilde in Norway with yarn. Lots of yarn.

Sigh. It's a nice dream.

And yeah - it's the urban aran. Super fun to knit so far!