August 30, 2008

Stashitude

This week we are having a guest come to visit, which meant that I needed to dig the guest bed out from under my stash.

What? Are you saying that your guest bedroom doesn't look like this?
stash 003

Yeesh.
Obviously it was high time for some organization. Dye supplies all went in the kettle, spinning tools all were gathered together, and knitting notions were bagged up and organized. All that was left, then, was the little matter of the actual fiber.

stash 013

If you go back in time to about when I started this blog - roughly a year ago - you'll see that I claimed not to be a stasher. Ahem. Let's just say things have changed.

All things considered, my stash is still a very reasonable size. It fits on a coffee table! So despite the husband's comments about yarn being everywhere, it really isn't all that bad.

stash 009

I separated the yarn into categories and now it is nicely binned up. I had probably a little too much fun in this process, but it feels great to know what every inch of my stash looks like. And here, I present it to you.

stash 022
Glory of glories, the sock yarn.

stash 025
My worker-bee yarn, Dale of Norway. Falk in the top row, Baby Ull for the rest.

stash 029
My handspun. And home-dyed, for the three on the left.

stash 034
Stash bits destined for whole projects.

stash 037
Odd balls and leftovers.

See? Not so bad, right?

Oh, right. I forgot this:
stash 040
My spinning fiber stash.

Tidying up my yarn and supplies felt like a great way to usher in fall - I welcome days of falling leaves and wooly warmth. Yay, sheep!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh Vilde, compared to mine, your stash is so little and cute and manageable! I've de-stashed quite a bit, but it's still, ummm, largish.

Shana said...

Oh dear, this is all my fault. (sorry Alex!) But it's such a lovely stash!! I am envious of the sock yarn. I seem to recall additional handspun yarn...

Looking forward to seeing the bounty collected from the Fall Fiber Festival. I can't believe I won't get to go with you! (not that I need any more yarn...)

Yay, sheep!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a very neatly organized and sizable stash. I love organizing and looking at my treasures, too.
And for the guest room - you should see my mother's room: yarn EVERYWHERE. Somehow everything exploded all of a sudden. Luckily we can close the door so that the husband doesn't see it. Elisabeth