September 7, 2008

Seafoam.

seafoam lace complete 017

820 yards, 6.9 ounces, light fingering weight. Merino.
This yarn makes me smile. It makes me grin. It makes me giddy. I am so proud of having made it.

seafoam lace complete 037
I wish I could pass the yarn through your screen, because the thing I am most proud of is the hand of the yarn. It is soft as soft can be. Squoosh. I am carrying it around with me everywhere and occasionally find myself burrowing into it involuntarily.
I want to cast on with it immediately.

If you remember, this yarn was spun from this merino top, which came from my happy dyeing accident:
blue roving
(I've re-altered this photo so the color matches real life better. It was too blue before, and might still be a smidge too blue.)

Let's have some more yarn photos, shall we?
seafoam lace complete 011

seafoam lace complete 025

Happy sigh.

Not to get all mushy, but spinning is one of the best things to happen to me in the recent past. I feel connected to this craft in a way I can't explain. Putting my foot into the groove on the treadle, formed by another spinner and deepened each time I sit at the wheel, I feel centered, calm, and incredibly fortunate.

3 comments:

Shana said...

This is stunning. I can't believe you spun 820 yards of three-ply!!! And I'm so glad that it came out soft and smushy!!! Great job!!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

You have every right to be proud and ecstatically happy. It is GORGEOUS!!!

Margaret said...

It's lovely, and that is so totally your color! And there is enough for a little lace shawl or stole.