September 16, 2008

Thanks, Mitten Pal!

My super sweet swap buddy for the mitten exchange sent me a beautiful card and some Ravelry buttons for my birthday. Yay! Now I can wear my "Hello, my name is..." button to the upcoming fiber festivals!


And wouldn't you know it? My camera cardreader is malfunctioning so I can't show you the beautiful card.
Sigh.
Technology.

So this'll have to be one of those "use your imagination" posts.

I've been knitting a bit and made some progress on the Urban Aran sweater:

(photo)

See? I've finished about half of the back, and since the side cables are finished now the rest of it should go quickly.

I've also been spinning:

(photo)

The fiber Shana sent for my birthday is a delight to spin! I'm working on spinning a thicker, but relatively consistent yarn. I have an easier time with consistency on the thin yarns, which I think is pretty typical. I'm getting quite a bit of variation on this one, as you can('t) see, but hopefully by the end of the project I'll be better at it. And in any case, this yarn is probably destined for mittens where the thick and thin texture will knit up nicely, I think.

Sigh.

I'll get the photos working as soon as I can.

No comments: