September 13, 2008

Wollmeise sock yarn has landed!

sock club spoiler
Consider yourselves warned. If you are waiting for your package and don't want to see the contents, don't scroll down! 


So! When the mail arrive today I tore eagerly into my very first sock club package, evah!!
The whole things was assembled with great care, but as a result of my eagerness I didn't get a good photo of the whole deal. Here's a bad photo:

sock club 1 001
The contents: two yarns (omg the yarn... more on that in a few sentences.), a beautiful pattern, gorgeous wooden DPNs, a ruler (to protect the dpns in shipment), a bite of delicious chocolate, and a great little letter from Claudia explaining the theme of the shipment.

The theme? Homeland. I love it. The yarns are named Hollerstaud'n and Buxkranzel - elderberry shrub and box wreath. 

Photos do not do this yarn justice. But here's the general idea:

Buxkranzl

Hollerstaud'n

Swoon! Wollmeise is obviously known for intensity of color, but I'm still stunned. They are beautiful and I am so, so, so glad that I joined this sock yarn club. And I want to cast on right.now.

1 comment:

Shana said...

Oh my gosh, SO gorgeous! I'm jealous! :)