October 23, 2008

Rhinebeck: The Rockstars

This is potentially the geekiest post about Rhinebeck. Yes, it gets geekier than spinning wheels.


Since Rhinebeck '08 was my first big fiber festival but I've been reading the blogs for a while, it was inevitable that'd I'd be bowled over by seeing, in person, the celebs. 

And my response?
Heinous, crushing shyness.

Sigh.

Elizabeth, however, was quite the brave gal and got her picture taken with all kinds of rockstars.
Rhinebeck - E's photos

Rhinebeck - E's photos

Rhinebeck - E's photos

Awesome.

I made an effort...
Rhinebeck - E's photos
But you can probably tell from the look on Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's face that the words coming out of my mouth make No.Sense. Seriously? I think I was blushing like crazy. Stephanie was very nice and patient and said something reassuring about "real human contact." But I was mortified.

Moving on!

Despite being the rockingest of rockstars, Jess and Casey of Ravlery (duh!) managed to be totally approachable and didn't trigger my celeb shyness.  
Rhinebeck - E's photos
Maybe it's that we have a dog and scooter in common (though Milo, unlike Bob, does not actually ride along on the scootscootscooter), or that the sun was washing out all of our faces or that they're just straight up nice people, but I had a great time talking with them. Next time I'm bringing Alex so Casey can have someone to talk code with. (like he had all this free time to burn! HA!)

Rhinebeck - E's photos
I think this must have been the point when I was offering my soul as thanks for Ravelry. 
By the way, how glamfabulous are MaryHeather and Jess? 

Many, many more rockstars walked among us at Rhinebeck, and by the end of the second day it started to feel normal to see them. That's probably a healthy sign.  Maybe next year my blushing and stuttering will ease off enough that I can have actual conversations with some of the people I so admire. Or maybe just let them shop.

Last post about Rhinebeck coming up: The Haul!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you were not making sense, I didn't notice. It's a side effect of Rhinebeck. Everybody is stunned. It was nice meeting you!