October 24, 2008

Real live knitting.

Proof that I do actually knit sometimes:
Back done!


That's the back of my Urban Aran cardigan, about a third of which I knit in the car one the way home from Rhinebeck. It's a wonder I didn't end up with some wacky zigzag shape considering how much my mind was still racing from the festival. But there it is: a back. Of the first sweater I'm actually knitting for myself. 

Elizabeth taught me to cable without a cable needle and miraculously it seems to have fixed the uneven cables that were tormenting me so. I'm definitely not commited enough to perfection to rip back to the beginning and redo the waist cables. No way, no how. But hopefully the version on the front will be better. 

I'm doing the sleeves two at a time - a first for me - and they feel like they are zipping along quite nicely. Then the front, and the dreaded zipper. Steeks don't scare me, but zippers? Shudder...

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautimous! I refuse to use a cable needle unless the cable is really big or complex.

ECarey said...

it's great! if you can do a steek, you can do anything. you can always seam rip a zipper! keep chugging along...i'm now hard at work on my mitered vee capelet.

Shana said...

Nice!! I have no idea how to put in a zipper. I bet it will go fine, though. Sewing machines are so nifty. Glad that the cabling without a needle is working well. I must try it next time! Miss you!!