December 21, 2008

Spinning and Travel

The holidays are upon us! This year we have an adventure planned - tomorrow we are heading to Romania for a family Christmas in the countryside. I've never been to Romania and am super excited about the trip! I am extremely unprepared for the travel but I'm ready to dive into an unforgettable experience. I'll be back after the new year with plenty of photos.


I've been cramming in some last minute crafting in preparation for the trip. A gift hat is almost done after an evening of knitting, and I finished a yarn for travel knitting. 
Handspun merino

The fiber is merino in my colorway Roses of my Childhood.
Handspun merino

There are two plump skeins of it, adding up to 640 yards of a heavy fingering yarn.
Handspun merino

It's destiny is to become an Elizabeth Zimmerman February baby sweater, as a gift for a friend's baby girl who will arrive in this world this spring. I'm thrilled with how the colors spun up and can't wait to knit with it.

My other travel knitting is one of the famous two row Noro striped scarves, so it should be a nice balance.  

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

ps- the fence is DONE! WOOOOO!

2 comments:

ECarey said...

this is such beautiful yarn. you are SO TALENTED!!!! it's just a work of art...and it isn't even knitted up yet.

Margaret said...

Have a wonderful trip! The new yarn does look like pretty, old-fashioned roses.