January 22, 2009

Fronts!

They are done!
urban aran front
Why the goofy picture? Well I got some new toys in the mail today. A remote control and tripod for my camera. Woo! Some of you know that my husband is leaving for a long business trip to China at the end of the month. As in, he'll be gone until the middle of June. That long. (oy.)


Among all the other wonderful things he does in our lives, my husband indulges me when it's time to photograph a finished object. What am I to do when I finish this sweater and he's 12 time zones away? Important question, this!
Technology saves the day. 
Obviously I didn't really need it for today's picture, but I'm excited about the tripod for day-to-day use in low light situations, and I think the remote will help with reducing camera shake when I'm taking yarn photos. Can't hurt, at least.
I'm also expecting a lens next week which I am super excited about. My first non-kit lens!!

And about those sleeves... I'm ripping back. I think it'll bother me too much as it is. I can see how it would almost look like a design element, but *I* know that it isn't, and I'm fussy (apparently). After I finish the collar I have a few days until the zipper arrives in the mail, so I'll take care of the sleeves then. Probably. We'll see.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

As long as You are happy, that's what matters! It will be an easy fix. You'll have it done while it's still cold enough to wear it too!

ECarey said...

Looks great! What kind of zipper did you order that you had to get it online? Oh, and I seriously combed over the photo of the sleeves and couldn't see the mistake. Will have to look again...

Shana said...

Fits perfectly! :) And yes, you are a perfectionist, and you know it! :)