January 19, 2009

FO: Noro two-row scarf

noro

Here's a project that it kills me not to have better photos of. My flash for my good camera broke on a recent trip (aaaargh!!!) and so when I traveled last I only brought my little point and shoot. I forgot that I was giving away this scarf on this trip so wouldn't be able to take better pictures of it.

Sigh.

Well, there it is, sort of. One of the wildly-popular Noro two-row scarfs. It was absolutely mesmerizing to knit and I'm very, very happy with the final project. And the recipient liked it too, I think! I can definitely see making more of these in the future.


So. The sleeves. Keen eyes spotted the double cable at the top where there should be a triple. I finished the sleeve at my knitting group so I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the pattern. I've decided to rip back the relatively few rows I need to to fix it, but not until I finish the front. The wound is too fresh right now... (drama, anyone?)

3 comments:

Shana said...

(rolling eyes). you think that created a wound? you should see my february lady sweater. or what's left of it.

Margaret said...

Before you rip, see if it fits in the armhole. I think it looks like it is supposed to be that way, one then two then three cables. Once it's a mistake, twice it's a design feature.

Kathryn said...

The sleeves look fine like that, to me. It gives a tapered look, if that makes sense; I don't think you need to rip back at all!