January 16, 2009

Sleeves!

Anybody remember that I have a sweater in progress? That I started, oh, back in the beginning of September? Sigh. So many things have jumped ahead of the sweater in the queue. Since starting the sweater I have finished:

The Februrary Baby Sweater
The Noro striped scarf (blogging about that soon)
Alex's striped scarf
an unblogged simple hat for my brother-in-law
little Elijah the Elephant
A pair of socks
And TWO pairs of mittens.

Project ADD anyone?

But I am determined to finish this sweater in time to wear it this winter and since this is Virginia, that means I'd better get cracking.

There has been some progress:

sleeves!

Sleeves! So that just means that I have the front and the collar left to knit, plus all the seaming and the dreaded zipper installation. 

And Oh. My. Gosh. As I sit here typing this I just noticed a mistake in my sleeves. 



SIGH.


Okay. I need to go figure out what I'm going to do about this. 
(hint: it has to do with the cable pattern and is near the top.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, once you point it out a good knitter would see it, but you know perfectly well that nobody else would. So now you decide whether you can live with it. It's near the end, and won't take you long to re-knit. As our friend Kathy G. says, it's just an opportunity to do more knitting. But also it's an option to ignore it and move forward with the sweater. Try not to take this too much as a metaphor for life or you'll never get back to your schoolwork! Just make your best guess about what will make you happy and do it. And tell Anna K-L that her Aunt Sally is glad Anna told her about your blog. I enjoy it a lot! And thanks for introducing me to that beautiful little elephant. Sara/Sally

Shana said...

Hm, so there are only two little cables on the top V? Or is there something I'm missing? I thought it was intentional. They look great!

And speaking of project ADD, I have two separate mittens that need pairs and were started last year. A February Lady Sweater begun in June and unfinished. :)