January 13, 2009

FO: February baby sweater

February Baby Sweater


Pattern: Baby Sweater on Two Needles, by Elizabeth Zimmerman from Knitter's Almanac.
Needles: some little Addi turbos - maybe 2s? I can't recall
Yarn: My own handspun, from the Roses of Childhood colorway

A holiday knit, finally gifted so now I can blog about it. 
What a JOY to knit this was!! EZ's pattern is brilliant, and the result is pretty darned adorable if I do say so myself.

February Baby Sweater
I love the look and feel of handspun all knit up. Millspun still has a place in my knitting life, but I find myself looking for more and more patterns to use my handspun, handdyed yarn. 

The sweater went to my dear, dear friends who are having a baby girl after two sons. I thought a good dose of pink would be in order!

6 comments:

alli said...

That's really gorgeous, Vilde.

Shannon said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

You have outdone yourself. Rock on, V.

Jen Diamond said...

I can't wait to put that sweater on our baby!! The boys are all excited. The poor girl will have to deal with a lot of this I imagine.

Anonymous said...

Vilda, Your handspun yarn is just absolutely lovely!!! What a very beautiful and special sweater!!

clara said...

Where did you get the pattern? It's lovely!