May 9, 2009

Ysolda was here!

After reading on Ysolda's blog that she had a few days of free time and that she was in the DC area, Elizabeth and I did some quick scheming and before you could say "young Scottish knitwear designer" she was here!

With Ysolda

She stayed with me, and Elizabeth and I tried to show her a good time in Charlottesville.

There was, of course, some knitting involved.
Knit Night
Here she is at The Needle Lady's Thursday knit night.  Ysolda had her suitcase of knit samples with her and everyone oohed and aaahed over the designs.  I'm leaning heavily towards knitting her Vivian design as my next sweater project.

Speaking of sweater projects...
Before she left Ysolda counseled me through a difficult decision. I am going to rip out my Diminishing Rib cardigan.  I am almost done knitting it (for the second time, now) and I'm still not happy with the fit. It's just plain too big! And I think I made a poor choice of yarn with this angora. It all looks like a just fluffball on me, and I don't think that I would actually ever wear it.

Sigh.

So back I rip.
I'll take some photos of the unflattering fit before I tear it back but before I get up the morale to actually do the ripping I feel like I need to have a new project planned. Keep the spirits up, you know? So today I'll be poking around and dreaming up some plans for a new project.


2 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh my. Too bad about the cardi, but some sweaters just aren't "the One". That lovely angora should be for a cuddly sweater you will really love, 'cause that color is so pretty on you.

Jen said...

I really like Ysolda's Vivian too! I'm considering it, but I'm so backlogged on projects right now.