May 11, 2009

Ready to Rip.

Here is the evidence that the Diminishing Rib cardigan is almost done, and ready to be ripped.
Ready to rip.
Live and learn! Here are my problems with how it turned out.

1. It's still too stinking big. For the shaping to work out the thing needs negative easy. I still have a couple inches of positive ease in this size.
2. That stretched out row of 1x1 rib before the increase makes me batty.  It looks messy and I just don't like it.
3. The fluff of the angora yarn makes the whole thing look bigger than it actually is, and as a result *I* look bigger than I actually am. And that's not something I'm really looking for in a tailored sweater, thanks. (lesson learned here!)

So. Tonight I rip. I have plans for the yarn... plans involving a vintage Vogue pattern. It's going to require some retooling, but I'm pretty excited about it. And I should have enough yarn left over to do a beautiful scarf. So if all goes well I should get two projects out of one. Trying to see the positive, here!

2 comments:

Christy said...

A long time ago, I had a really really bad weekend. When I was telling someone about that weekend, I framed it as "What I learned this weekend." Best trick EVER. That's not a list of problems, that's a list of lessons learned! Mistakes you never have to make again! Happy ripping - I hope the new pattern doesn't have too many lessons with it. ;)

Shana said...

Awww. Sorry hun!!! Some people have blogged about how the cardigan itself, since it doesn't have any fastenings, is awkwardly designed to hang flatteringly. Fitted is usually better on you. You might want to wear a scarf over your mouth and nose while ripping -- that bunny hair would make me sneeze and itch!