May 28, 2009

How you doin'?

Alright, so I lost my mojo there. Knitting, ripping, knitting, and ripping again for the diminishing rib was, frankly, demoralizing. I've been scowling at my pile of angora cakes trying to figure out what to do with them to redeem the purchase, trying to force them into some kind of shrug-like project.


Yesterday? I gave up. The Lush yarn will become deliciously soft accessories - scarves and hats. As many as I have yarn for.  One set for myself, and if there is enough to spare then I know someone who would look oh-so glamorous in the color. 

And as soon as I made this decision, my next project jumped onto the needles.
whisper
I was poking around in my fiber closet, looking for the second ball of my handspun seafoam for the Seascape stole (which is coming along nicely, thanks) and out fell this pink Alpaca with a Twist.  It was slightly tangled from a run-in with the Milodog, but a patient evening with the ballwinder sorted that right out.

And apparently I am determined to knit something from the spring 2009 Interweave Knits - this project is Hannah Fettig's Whisper Cardigan.  Based on some Ravelry feedback, I decided to forgo the big bell at the ends of the sleeves, and added a few rows of ribbing to prevent curling. 

Hurray for the return of knitting mojo!

No comments: