August 12, 2008

Home, Sweet Home

I'm home. For the next, oh, 28 hours. I'll be gone for almost a week for this next round, and probably without much internet access. No daily Ravelympics updates! Gasp!

I've been having a great time knitting the Tangled Yoke cardigan. It was perfect brainless plane knitting, so I churned out some stockinette while watching terrible movies.

late august 009

About 20 more rows and I'm ready for sleeves. Woo!

Before my trip to Switzerland I had a few hours to kill in the DC area so, of course, I picked a yarn shop to explore. Nature's Yarns in Fairfax turned out to be the most convenient, and boy did I luck out! It was a SUPER friendly shop with droolworthy yarns. I picked up some needles I needed, plus a small chunk of silvery alpaca/silk roving so I can experiment with spinning something other than wool. (not that I'm tiring of wool at all - it just seems like good experience to have.)
I also got this gorgeous sock yarn from Misty Mountain Farm.

late august 016

Hm. The color isn't quite right in the photo, but oh well. It's called "Sandalwood" and has great golden and reddish tones. It'll make awesome man socks someday. And at 400 yards I can make socks for big man feet without worrying about running out.

Oh. And there's a great pho place just a couple of doors down, so I scored some Vietnamese soup noodles too. YUM. If there was one kind of restaurant I could bring to Charlottesville, it'd be a pho place.

No comments: