February 25, 2009

Argh!

Serious frustration going on here.


1. I realized that the reason my stitch counts were so funny was because (duh!) I actually had to rip back to the beginning to CO the new size's stitches.

2. Rip, rip, rip.

3. Cast on, knit ribbing.

4. Try to divide for raglan shaping. End up with six stitches too many. (The trolls did it! I swear! I can't understand where these stitches came from!)

5. Rip, rip, rip.

6. Throw yarn and empty needles across room.

All I want is a simple project to knit on while I read, and dang it if this is ever turning into a thorn in my side! If I could just get off on the right foot I'd be cruising through this thing again. Argh.

4 comments:

Shana said...

Sorry!! Time for a yoga class or walk to calm the anger. (I had to do this yesterday -- is there anger in the air, maybe?). Then cast on with a fresh ball of yarn, not the used stuff. It will work out, and it will be worth it.

Jen Diamond said...

Maybe a scarf... :)

Margaret said...

Give that naughty yarn a time out!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Margaret. The naughty yarn must be taught a lesson. Leave it to languish while you begin a nice, cozy, quick project such as an EZ baby sweater such as Tomten. After a rest, the yarn and pattern should be ready to cooperate. Victoria