February 18, 2009

FO: Urban Aran Cardigan

Finally!
Urban Aran Cardigan
Pattern: Urban Aran Cardigan, originally by Patons, cardiganized by Jared Flood
Yarn: Cascade Ecological Wool
Needles: Addi Turbo 9s and 10s

I adore this sweater.
Urban Aran Cardigan

The pattern was a breeze, the yarn was a floofalicious joy, and the fit worked out!

Urban Aran Cardigan
The collar looks good both zipped all the way up and flipped down in my favorite drama collar configuration. The two way zipper means I can unzip the bottom when I sit down so the zipper won't buckle and distort the knit fabric.
Putting the zipper in took about as long as I expected (which was a LONG time) but was not as tricky as I feared.
Urban Aran Cardigan
Setting in the sleeves was also less tricky than I remembered. (It has been seven years since I last did set in sleeves!) I used lots of binder clips and set the sleeves in before seaming the sleeve and side closed. I'll be doing that from now on!

The sweater is almost overwhelmingly cozy to wear - and while the crappy weather today made for bad photo lighting, it felt like the perfect day to wear my new favorite sweater.
Urban Aran Cardigan

8 comments:

Jen said...

It's gorgeous! Great Job!

Shannon said...

Oooh! lovelovelove! It is beautiful!

Margaret said...

And now, having seen it in person, It looks Mahvelous!

Shana said...

I am in love with this last picture of you! Look how glowingly happy you are, and productive for finishing this (plus your 'real' work). The sweater looks awesome. Great choice on the eco wool and the perfect zipper. You've inspired me to perhaps knit a more practical, usable, and flattering sweater than I normally pick (or maybe it's just my problems with shaping...)

Katie said...

it looks fantastic!! I love it!

sarah said...

agreed with shana - the sweater looks lovely in all these picks but *you* look particularly gorgeous in this one... like a model!

i cannot wear those off-white/cream colors - you have the perfect complexion for it.

Anonymous said...

OK. So have you submitted those photos to a knitting magazine. I'm just in awe of your knitting talent and you look sooo beautiful! Seriously. It's not fair you're this talented. Much love!!

wh said...

i love this sweater!!! Do you take commission work?