February 15, 2009

Impulse.

I'm normally fairly measured in how I make my knitting project decisions. First a thought like "hm, maybe I'll make a sweater for my sister." Then researching patterns. Then researching patterns some more. Then looking through all the finished versions on Ravelry to see which yarn I like best with the pattern. Then change my mind and pick a different pattern after all.  Finally chose yarn. Then ask all of my friends which color I should use. 


It's a lengthy process.

But yesterday? My copy of Interweave Knits came in the mail in the morning. When I saw the Diminishing Rib Cardigan I said "I'm going to make that." 

In the afternoon I found myself in the yarn shop and, slightly dazed by the speed of it all, I came home with this:
lush
That's Classic Elite's Lush - 50% wool, 50% angora, 100% dreamy.

And before you could say "top down raglan" I had this:
Diminishing ribs yoke

Sometimes things just come together. I'd needed a simple project to knit on at knit night and while I read.  I'd wanted to work in a luxurious yarn. And I'd wanted to spoil myself a little bit.
Done and done. 

PS- tubular cast on? SO COOL.

3 comments:

Shana said...

Super, super cool. What's a tubular cast on? (or I could look it up.)

Anonymous said...

V - your choice of yarns is awesome! Your sister is a very lucky girl. Can't wait to see how it knits up. See you soon. Victoria

Anonymous said...

I had the same reaction to the pattern. I love knitting with Lush... the angora gets just fuzzy enough when worn. Beautiful color too.